Marijuana has often been painted with a brush of misconception and negativity, primarily due to its legality, which varies around the globe. However, the more we delve into the potential benefits of this natural substance, the more we are surprised by its versatility. One area that's creating quite a stir is the link between cannabis and arousal.
Owing to the long-time global prohibition of marijuana, researchers haven't been able to explore its effects on human arousal thoroughly. However, there are rising anecdotes and self-reports claiming the heightened experience of intimacy when under the influence of cannabis.
A 2023 study from Healthline suggests that 68.5% of participants found their intimate encounters more pleasurable after using cannabis and/or products infused.
How Can Cannabis Heighten Pleasure?
One explanation is marijuana’s established properties that aid in pain relief and relaxation. This can be particularly beneficial for individuals who experience pain during intimacy, particularly penetrative sex. As a bonus, specific strains of marijuana can elevate one's sensitivity to touch. This enhanced sensation can lead to prolonged and intensified orgasms, making it relatively easier for individuals, especially individuals with vulva, to reach climax. The stimulating effect of cannabis on erogenous zones is another bonus, amplifying overall pleasure.
Exploring Cannabis Beyond The High
If you're intrigued by including marijuana but are not keen on getting high or stoned, many alternatives exclude any psychedelic effect.
CBD doesn't have the intoxicating properties THC possesses. Several countries have legalized Cannabidiol (CBD), including Canada, Spain, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. In the U.S., CBD is currently legal in all 50 states.
You can find the following products packed with relax-inducing CBD:
- THC/CBD Lube: The fusion of THC/CBD with lubes is a contemporary innovation that is rapidly gaining popularity. It can offer an enhanced sensual experience by promoting relaxation, increasing blood flow, and reducing discomfort or pain. Another benefit is the potential for increased arousal as it can enhance sensitivity, leading to a more profound connection during intimate moments. The localized effect of THC and CBD on genitalia can stimulate more intense and longer-lasting arousal and more vivid orgasm.
- THC/CBD Vaginal/Anal Suppositories: These formulated products promise not just enhanced pleasure, but a range of benefits. Firstly, natural lubrication, which is beneficial for people struggling with dryness or pain during intimacy. Meanwhile, the interaction of THC and CBD with the body's endocannabinoid system can amplify sensations in intimate areas, and heighten arousal, sensitivity, and overall pleasure. This is due to the localized release of these compounds directly in erogenous zones, leading to a more immersive sensual experience, with quick uptake into the body.
- THC/CBD Massage Together in massage oil, CBD/THC can provide a gorgeous synergy that offers relaxation, pain relief, and heightened sensual awareness. Apart from the sexual benefits, who can resist a cheeky massage? This product is a dual-purpose winner, relaxing tense muscles, easing stress, and setting a calming ambiance that paves the way for deeper connections. However, a word of caution: Oils and condoms can be a mismatch, so one might consider opting for a water-based lube or suppository.
Play With Caution
Embracing cannabis in your intimate life can be a thrilling journey, but it's essential to be aware and cautious. Here are some simple guidelines:
- Solo Experimentation: If you've never used marijuana during intimate moments, it might be a good idea to try it out solo. This will give you a clearer picture of how your body responds, without any external pressures.
- Communication is Key: Intimacy is a dance of understanding and consent. It's crucial to set boundaries to ensure both parties are on the same page, throughout the intimate experience—especially when bringing in external elements such as cannabis. Since cannabis can affect judgment and may cause sedation, it's best to have these conversations beforehand.
- Moderation and Quality: Start slow and proceed with caution. Remember, cannabis affects everyone differently. What works for someone else might not work for you. Always procure your products from trusted sources to ensure their quality and safety.
Whether you're seeking relief, enhanced sensations, or just a new experience, cannabis might just be the key to unlocking a more fulfilling intimate life.
Cannabis has a myriad of potential benefits that are becoming increasingly accepted. Its intersection with human arousal and intimacy is still in its exploration stages, but the preliminary findings and anecdotes are promising! As with any substance, personal experiences may vary, so it's essential to be informed, cautious, and of course, open-minded.AIMA (“eh-ma”) is derived from the Greek word for blood. Founded in 2019, we exist to create alternative solutions for effective period relief. They are a team of scientists, doctors, intersectional feminists and industry experts who have created CBD suppositories for pain relief during your period!